Once Upon A Time

"Once Upon a Time...."
In honor of the upcoming season of love, I decided to do a series on how my little family came to be, in my own little fairytale of a story. I suppose I should begin this tale as all good fairytales begin....
"Once Upon a Time, there was a young girl who dreamed of herself as a princess...."
I was homeschooled from age four through high school, and the homeschool community around where I live generally organizes a graduation ceremony for those graduating that year. My parents had been the head of organizing the ceremonies for many years, and it happend that the year I was to graduate there were no other graduates interested in participating. So, while I really wasn't too terribly excited to have the entire ceremony center around me, I thought it would be good to continue planning the ceremony and leave it open incase there were any late-comers. About a month before the ceremony, a family contacted my parents and asked if we still had space in the graduation for her son (which of course we did) so we set up a meeting to discuss what had been planned and add any additional ideas. A month later we all met again to set up the church the day before the ceremony, and I did the kind thing and invited the "cute guy" to come see the movie my friends and I were seeing after the graduation the next day. The next morning we all gathered again to finish final prep and shortly before the ceremony time, their whole family left to get ready. We waited and waited and waited and then finally called to see where everyone was. We then found out that they thought the time was 2:00 instead of 11:00, and had told all of their guests that time. Luckily my family has a great sense of humor, so we just broke out the coffee and my band and I played some music to allow them time to arrive. When I saw him standing in the doorway listening, we finished up and I went to get the famous "dress" on. As I walked into the prep room we had set up, he turned around and handed me two dozen roses, to "congratulate" me on graduating. During the ceremony, I noticed he kept turning around to play with a little boy sitting behind him, and all through the lunch that followed he was playing with a number of different little children, a trait I admire in a man. At the end of the day we exchanged numbers "in case we needed to get up with eachother about the movie". In the following days we each thought of excuses to text or chat with one another which grew into inviting to parties and "bumping into each other" at the mall. Three months later we found that we tried to see eachother every day but we were both denying the possibility of any attraction on the other's part......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting back into blogging

My Goal

{31 Days of Worship- Day 6} Forever