Blessed

In this season of giving thanks to our provider for all He has done in all of our lives, I have started to contemplate the reason we have an annual celebration.
I know the main reason behind Thanksgiving is to be thankful for those people God sent to help the earliest of Americans get through a trying time, caused in part by their own hardheadedness. But then I think... how many times have I been that hardheaded stubborn American and placed myself in a position of difficulty. And yet, God. With His compassion and His love provided a way out for me, as He does for all of us.<br>
It makes me think, shouldn't we lift up our Thanksgiving everyday? Why is it that most of us tend to save it all for one special day or month of the year?<br>
Today I was working on a special song for Sunday morning's service and the words did a work on my heart. I realized that I a in the middle of a hard time in life, not having all of the things we want or need, and I have allowed that to affect my outlook on my life. I forgot to count my blessings every day, even the littlest ones such as "hands that can raise and a voice that can talk" as the song states. I began to wonder, could I have avoided some of the troubles I've found by rejoicing in every small and perfect gift from God?<br>
A home that may need work, but is still providing me with comfort and warmth. A family that supports me in all that I do and the ability to do what I love. A husband who adores me and a precious little boy for us to love and teach. God has given us so much and yet I had fallen into the typical American mindset of pointing out the problems in my life rather than being grateful of all the things God has blessed us with.
My goal is to now focus on the wonderful things of life and not the bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting back into blogging

My Goal

{31 Days of Worship- Day 6} Forever